Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.

Mpx16

Hi everybody
I formatted the SD card
And I updated the update
But no connect a usb to a computer
The device does not appear on the computer
When is in state read a card on my device, I have the following message be sure to dismount drive from computer before disconnecting

Thanks Eldad
1 person has
this problem
+1
  • Hey Eldad,

Thanks for posting!

It seems like your computer might be reading the card from the MPX if you are receiving the message that prompts you to dismount the drive. When you put the MPX into reader mode by holding the MAIN button, it will show as a drive in your File Explorer window. Here is how it displays on my computer. I have highlighted the drive in red:

Does the drive show at all on your computer? Have you tried connecting with a different USB cable and to different ports on your computer?

Let me know!
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited indifferent, undecided, unconcerned

• Hi nick
    Thanks for your help :)
    I changed the cable and ports and my computer does not recognize the sd
    When I turn on and press main I no longer enter reading mode sd
    These are straight to the main menu?sd Appears in the main menu and says it is empty.

Thanks Eldad
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited indifferent, undecided, unconcerned

• If I'm understanding correctly, holding the MAIN button while turning the MPX on does not put it into SD reader mode? It is important to be holding the button before you switch the MPX on because doing so changes the boot mode. SD reader mode cannot be accessed when the MPX is already powered.

If that function is not working properly, this sounds like it might be hardware related and may require service. Warranty and non-warranty claims are not handled here on the forum, but I can point you in the right direction! Here are a couple of options that you could choose from:

• Submit a Warranty or Service inquiry with our Technical Support team by logging onto the Akai Pro Support Page. Select Warranty or Service Inquiry from the drop down menu.

or

• For quicker support, call your nearest Support Office or International Distributor.

Make sure to reference or link this thread to help out the support team.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any additional questions.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm